Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In and Out

I get so excited about new ideas. Then they fade or life hits me up with a bump or two, and I abandon them. Like this blog. It's in the back of my mind all the time, yet it's been two months since I posted. What have I been up to? A few bumps, definitely. First, my computer crashed and took several weeks to be repaired and put back together. During that time, I only had access to my hubbys laptop in the evenings. Not really when I feel like posting anything. Besides, it's amazingly sloooooow. Oh, and the big bump - I fractured my foot. Yes, in an amazing adventure I managed to fracture it in two places and also sprain my ankle. Ok, so it really wasn't an amazing adventure. It was actually quite dull, and yet quite typical of me. I was walking down the steps to make the baby a bottle and put her down for a nap. On the fourth step from the bottom, my daughter had left a flip flop. I tripped over it, twisting my ankle and falling down the remainder of the steps. The scene at the bottom was kind of amusing. I was crying, rocking my foot back and forth. It scared my eldest daughter, so she was with me, kissing my foot and sobbing. Then a long comes daughter #2, laughing. She sits on my leg, bouncing up and down, laughing and kissing me.
Needless to say, I made out pretty well. I was only given a hideously ugly velcro sneaker to wear, and was sent home with crutches. Crutches, by the way, made me feel extremely old. Remember when you were young, crutches seemed so cool. I remember being envious of friends who had to use them. I was never lucky enough to break something and be able to use them. Not until I was 33 that is. 33 and completely out of shape! I had no idea the physical exertion required to get around on them. It was horrendous.

So that's my story. And that's where I've been.

Where I'm going is to the Jersey Shore for the weekend. My brother in law is getting married on Sandy Hook on the 4th of July. I'll be sure to report back on that one. Daughter #1 is the flower girl. How will she act? Yet another source of anxiety.....

No comments: