Thursday, January 8, 2009

I know

So, I just want you to know that I know. Ok? I know my hair looks like shit. I have a hair appt for next Saturday, ok? I know, What's up with it, right? It's the freaking water here, that's what's up. The hard water in the Lehigh Valley is doing some serious beauty damage here. My stylist told me to start using a shampoo for color treated hair, said it would help my hair from turning this weird brassy color. It helped, sort of. But maybe I bought the wrong kind? It's totally making my hair look greasy and limp. Ok, ok, I know, I know that's not the only problem with my hair. I'm WAAAAYYYY over due on the hair dye thing. My grey roots are to my ears. I KNOW. And yes, I know if I took the time to blow dry it after my shower it wouldn't do this weird flippy thing. Yeah, I know. But if I'm using the hair dryer, then I have no idea what D1 is up to, and I already took a huge risk of house damage simply by taking a shower. Besides, the hair dryer could wake up D2, then I would really be in shits creek.

Yes, yes, I know that if I took 3 extra minutes to apply some concealer and blush I would look awake and probably like 15 years younger. I know. But then D1 and D2 would want me to put make up on them, and it would become this long THING. This THING that would eventually turn into yelling. Anyways, most of my makeup brushes are completely ruined because D1 dipped them into lip gloss. And I'm not buying any new ones till they are in middle school, at least.

Of course, I know my shirt has a stain on it. There AND there. I know. It's just that if I bought a new one, it would be christianed with a stain within the first hour of wearing it. Yes, I know, if I was more careful, or treated the stain right away, it would wash out. I know this. I don't do this. I take the shirt off, run around half naked, and then forget to pre-treat the stain, because I'm yelling at the girls for emptying out my dresser.

So I just want you to know that I know, ok?

And knowing is half the battle, right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

GI Joe! Woohoo!

maggie said...

At least you have excuses. :) I need a haircut but don't bother, probably should wear make up but dread having to take it off at night and have a closet full of clothes but don't love any of them. :)

Krazy Kat Lady said...

LOL, it can't be that bad!

And besides, you are a natural beauty, I have never known you to wear make-up on a daily basis. You don't need it! What you need probably do need is a lot of water, a better diet and a good night's sleep and you will look fabulous again. Isn't that what we all need to be our true, naturally beautiful selves? As for clothing, why do you think I always wear dark colors? Not because I have kidlets spilling stuff on me but because *I* still spill stuff whenever I eat or drink anything. I have given up on white clothing altogether (always ends up with a coffee or apple stain) and pale colors have a REALLY short life in my "outside the house" wardrobe.

But do dye your hair, that is the one thing I swear by as a pick-me-up. :)

Jenny Henny said...

thanks, K
I have realized,though, that in the two years since I've seen you, makeup is a little more necessary. How kid #2 ages you! Just wait.....

kimbop said...

Wow, and I thought I was hard on myself!

Just Jiff said...

LOL