Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cute Kid Moment

So, in theory, I don't believe in using food as a reward. I think it sends the the wrong message. In theory.

Anyways, about a week ago, D1 pooped on the potty - yay! This made up 3 stickers, which equals a prize. I was all out of prizes. But I was craving ice cream. So I gave her a scoop of ice cream as her reward. I also gave myself a scoop, you know, as my reward.

Of course after she earned 3 more stickers, she wanted ice cream again, but I went back to my theories, and didn't give it to her.

Last night, after I put D1 to bed, I helped myself to a bowl of ice cream. A few minutes later, D1 comes back downstairs.

She sees my ice cream, claps and says "yay Mommy! Did you poop? Good for you! You got a prize!"

Of course Hubby replies, "no sweetie, for Mommy actually pooping is it's own reward"

4 comments:

maggie said...

Hahaha, that's adorable, all you of you. ;)

disney05 said...

You should NEVER give food as a reward. In addition, you are a hypocrite for eating ice cream after your child is in bed. If it's not something you want her to eat, you shouldn't have it in the house.

Jenny Henny said...

hmmmmm
I seem to remember a certain smores incident in your past.......

Krazy Kat Lady said...

I fail to understand how eating after one's child is in bed is hypocritical. ?